- Total Time: 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 5 servings
Dirty rice is perhaps an unfortunate name for this deliciously addictive signature Cajun side dish. This vegetarian version features protein-rich kidney beans, making it a perfectly satisfying main dish as well.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Parsley Flakes 0.26 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder 3.00 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Celery Salt 5.54 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add green pepper, onion and celery and saute for about 5 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, combine seasonings. Add to sauteed veggies and mix.
3. Add beans, cooked rice and vegetable stock and combine. Cook for 5 minutes.