Sweet potatoes, chickpeas, quinoa and kale meet in this power-packed vegan Buddha Bowl with guacamole. The guacamole comes together in seconds thanks to Simply Organic Guacamole Mix Sauce.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground 2.31 oz.
- 1 Simply Organic Guacamole Mix Sauce 4.0 oz.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounce) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (about 10 large leaves), stems removed, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1. In a medium pot, combine quinoa, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook quinoa for about 10 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy. Fluff quinoa with a fork.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss sweet potatoes and chickpeas with olive oil, cumin and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chickpeas are crispy and sweet potatoes are soft.
3. In a medium bowl, sprinkle kale evenly with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Massage salt into kale for 15 seconds to break down the tough leaves. Add lime juice and garlic, tossing to combine.
4. In a separate medium bowl, mash avocados. Add guacamole mix sauce to the avocados, and stir to combine.
5. To each single serving bowl, add a base layer of quinoa, kale, sweet potato and chickpeas, and top with guacamole and pumpkin seeds.
Add other seasonal veggies to the sweet potato and chickpea mix, such as sliced zucchini, sliced mushrooms or roughly chopped bell peppers.