A classic homemade hummus recipe with a toasty twist. Begin with all the traditional ingredients of chickpeas, fresh garlic and tahini for a savory base, then top with coriander, cumin and lightly-toasted black sesame seeds for some extra flare and flavor.
- Simply Organic Black Pepper 4 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Coriander Seed Ground 2.29 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground 2.31 oz.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Simply Organic Black Sesame Seed 3.28 oz.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pita bread, for serving
1. In a food processor, combine chickpeas and garlic. Pulse until roughly chopped.
2. Add tahini, salt, ¼ cup water and lemon juice and process for about 30 seconds, until smooth.
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons water slowly and process until desired consistency is achieved. Taste and season with additional salt and/or pepper if desired.
4. Transfer to a serving dish and top with coriander, cumin, black sesame seeds and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 week.