- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Avocado cups stuffed with farro, black beans and the right spices make great appetizers or mini-meals on a bright, sunny day. Serve with an easy lime-cilantro crema for maximum Southwestern impact!
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Adobo Seasoning 4.41 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder 2.89 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
- 2 avocados, cut in half, seed and a small bit of flesh removed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15-oz.) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup crema Mexicana (can sub Greek yogurt)
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 4 sprigs cilantro leaves, minced
1. In a medium pot, place 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 17 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
2. Into bowl of quinoa, add black beans, salsa, adobo seasoning, chili powder, black pepper and olive oil. Stir to combine.
3. Spoon quinoa mixture into center of avocados.4. Whisk together crema Mexicana, lime juice and zest, and cayenne. Spoon over stuffed avocados, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.