Fresh vegetarian fare need not feel dutiful, and we’ve got a salad to prove it. Cloaked in an alluring, spicy ginger-peanut dressing and laced with black sesame seeds, this soba noodle salad bursts with flavor, texture and color.
- 1/4 cup Simply Organic Black Sesame Seed 3.28 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper 1.59 oz.
- 1 (8 ounces) package dried soba noodles
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced into small cubes
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- lime wedges
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
directions:1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook soba noodles in salted water according to package directions. Drain in a colander and run cold water through noodles.
2. Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk together rice vinegar, peanut butter, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, garlic, ginger, cayenne and red pepper flakes.
3. In a large bowl, toss soba noodles with carrots, cabbage, cucumber, scallions, sesame seeds, and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Top with additional sesame seeds and roasted peanuts, and serve with lime wedges.
Make the dressing in advance to save yourself time.