A quick and simple way to store and bring out the best in your fresh cauliflower.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Curry Powder 3.00 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root 2.38 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper 1.59 oz.
- 1/2 large head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 supremely clean 1-quart jar with a fitted lid
1. Cut or break the cauliflower into small florets (about 1-to-2-bite size pieces). Put the cauliflower into the jar, leaving about an inch of space at the top. Add the garlic cloves, tucking them in among the cauliflower.
2. Set a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Once hot, add the curry powder, turmeric, ginger and crushed red pepper to the pan. Toast the spices for about 15 seconds, being careful not to brown or burn.
3. Add the vinegar, water, salt and honey. Stir, turn the heat to high and bring just barely to a boil.
4. Remove from heat, stir again and pour the liquid into the jar until the cauliflower is completely covered (add more water to cover, if needed).
5. Put on the lid and store in the refrigerator. After 24 hours the cauliflower will have developed flavor, but will be even better after several days.
Will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.