A bite-size way to serve zucchini, featuring feta cheese and a Mediterranean spice blend.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano Leaf 0.75 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cilantro 0.78 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika 2.96 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
- 1 8-ounce brick feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 3 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced 1/8 of an inch thick
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. In a food processor, crumble the feta. Add cream cheese and process for 3 to 4 minutes or until smooth, scraping down the sides half way.
2. Into a medium bowl, transfer the whipped feta and add lemon zest, oregano, cilantro, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne. Use a rubber spatula to stir until well combined.
3. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use or at least 30 minutes to firm it back up a bit.
4. Place the thin slices of zucchini in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Gently toss by hand to coat. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, work in batches grilling the zucchini slices for about 2 to 3 minutes on the first side and 1 to 2 minutes on the second side. Carefully transfer the grilled zucchini slices to a wire rack to cool.
5. Using an offset spatula, thinly spread some of the whipped feta mixture onto the zucchini slices. Starting at the widest end, roll the zucchini. Repeat with remaining slices.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.