Fresh lemon, basil and garlic meet paprika, onion powder and black pepper in this refreshing, big-flavored hummus.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika 2.96 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder 3.00 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
- 1 heaping cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Extra paprika, black pepper and olive oil for garnish
1. In a strainer over a large bowl, drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid.
2. In a food processor, fitted with the blade attachment, add the basil, garlic, tahini, chickpeas, salt, paprika, onion powder and black pepper.
3. With the strainer set over the processor bowl, squeeze in the juice of the entire lemon to catch the seeds. Secure the lid and process while pouring in the olive oil. Ladle in 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the chickpea liquid until the hummus has reached the desired consistency.
4. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, and paprika. Serve with fresh vegetables or crisp pita chips.