- Total Time: 15 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 2-4 servings
Give your brunch the perfect finish — or broaden your own breakfast horizons — with this luscious but low-guilt chia pudding layered with mango smoothie. Organic cardamom pairs perfectly with mango (and with strawberry, if you prefer), melding pudding and smoothie into one dish of pure, spoonable joy.
Note Chia pudding needs to be refrigerated for at least two hours, or overnight.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract 2 fl. oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cardamom 2.82 oz.
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks (or frozen strawberries, if preferred)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 to 1 cups water (or coconut milk)
1. Into a quart-size mason jar (or other similar jar) with a lid, add coconut milk. Whisk if coconut milk has separated. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract and cardamom and whisk to combine. Add chia seeds and whisk to evenly distribute.
2. Place lid on jar and refrigerate for two hours or until set (overnight is best). After about 30 minutes when chia seeds begin to swell, shake jar to evenly distribute, as the seeds tend to clump at the bottom initially.
3. In a blender, blend mango or strawberries (your preference) with banana and water until mixture reaches smoothie consistency. Depending on the power of your blender, you may need to add more water. Refrigerate smoothie in an air-tight container, until you’re ready to enjoy the pudding.
4. To make the layered pudding, spoon chia pudding into a bowl, then add the smoothie layer. Top with toasted coconut and a sprinkle of cardamom.
in this recipe
Recipe created by Simply Organic