- Total Time: 1 hours 10 mins
- Hands-on Time: 10 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Create restaurant-worthy tandoori-style chicken at home with this excellently spiced tandoori chicken thighs recipe! Features an expertly seasoned sauce of yogurt, cumin, coriander, turmeric and garam masala that also serves as the tandoori marinade.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1½ teaspoons Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground 2.31 oz.
- ¾ teaspoons Simply Organic Garam Masala 3.00 oz.
- ¾ teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root 2.38 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
- 1½ cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 pound bone-in, skin-on, pasture-raised organic chicken thighs
- 2 pieces prepared naan bread
1. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger, cumin, salt, garam masala, turmeric and cayenne. Set aside ½ cup for the sauce.
2. Add chicken thighs to mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
3. Heat grill to medium, turning one burner on low. Brush grill grate with oil.
4. Remove chicken thighs from marinade, letting excess drip off, and place skin-side down over hot side of grill.
5. Close lid and grill chicken for 5 minutes on medium heat, until skin is browned. Flip and grill 5 minutes more, until browned on second side. Move thighs away from any flare-ups until flares subside.
6. Flip chicken thighs, skin side down, and transfer to low heat. Continue to grill 12 to 16 minutes, covered, until a thermometer inserted in the center of the chicken thighs, but not touching the bone, registers 165°F. Transfer chicken thighs to a plate.
7. Grill naan over low heat 2 minutes per side until charred.
8. Serve chicken thighs with reserved sauce and naan bread.
in this recipe
Recipe created by Simply Organic