Thick cut, hearty, grilled cauliflower steak is served on top of a Spanish Romesco sauce enlivened with organic paprika and cayenne. The smoky notes of Romesco pair wonderfully with the char on the grilled cauliflower for a simple vegetarian meal.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Daily Grind 2.65 oz.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ground Paprika 2.96 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Parsley Flakes 0.26 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper 2.89 oz.
- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into 4, 1 inch thick slices/steaks (each head will provide about 2 slices, reserve extra florets for another use)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or other high-heat oil)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup toasted plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper (from a jar)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the grilled cauliflower
1. Preheat an outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan to high.
2. Lay cauliflower steaks on a large baking sheet and brush both sides with grapeseed oil.
3. Season each side with salt, Daily Grind black pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika.
4. Grill for about 5 to 7 minutes per side, until cooked through and charred.
For the Romesco sauce
1. In a food processor, add toasted almonds and pulse until roughly chopped.
2. Add tomatoes, toasted bread crumbs, sherry vinegar, parsley, roasted red pepper, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika and cayenne and pulse until finely chopped.
3. With food processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil and process until smooth.
4. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
1. Divide Romesco sauce evenly onto four dinner plates and spread across plate.
2. Place grilled cauliflower on top of Romesco sauce and garnish with freshly chopped green onions.