The usual casserole usually gets it's creamy richness from a heavy handed dose of heavy cream or sour cream. This casserole is lightened up with a healthier, but no less tasty replacement a healthy splurge of tangy Greek yogurt and Garlic & Herb Crazy Awesome Veggies seasoning mix.
- 1 package Simply Organic Garlic & Herb Vegetable Seasoning Mix .71 oz.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (5.3-ounce) container plain Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Steam cauliflower for 4 minutes.
3. In a large skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
4. Add flour and stir until onions are coated. Slowly add milk and stir constantly until slightly thickened. Using a whisk will help scrape anything sticking to the pan.
5. Add packet of Garlic and Herb Crazy Awesome Veggies, cheese, and Greek yogurt. Stir until combined.
6. Add steamed cauliflower and gently stir until cauliflower is coated. If using an oven safe pan place in oven. If not using an oven safe pan transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes uncovered.