Rice noodles tossed in a savory peanut sauce seasoned with organic ginger, garlic and black pepper create the base for these colorful veggie bowls that make for a quick, easy weeknight meal. On extra-busy nights, use pre-shredded vegetables.
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 (2 1/2 cup) servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 1/3 cup natural, no-sugar peanut butter, creamy style
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 12 ounces rice noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh mint
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- Lime wedges
1. In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, ginger, garlic powder, black pepper and three tablespoons water; set aside.
2. Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
3. In a large bowl, add noodles and ginger-peanut sauce, tossing well to coat. Season with salt to taste.
4. Divide noodles evenly between four serving bowls and top with carrots, cucumbers, cabbage, avocado and the fresh mint, cilantro and basil.
5. Serve with lime wedges.
To bulk up the protein of this meal, add cooked shrimp, chicken or tofu.