- Total Time: 55 mins
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
Our Citrus Herb Marinade Mix transforms into a tangy dressing for this gorgeous rice bowl featuring nutty black rice and flaky smoked salmon, with crisp green veggies adding vibrant color and crunch.
- 1 package Simply Organic Citrus Herb Marinade Mix 1.00 oz.
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium Persian cucumber, seeded, halved lengthwise, sliced into 1/2-inch, half-moon pieces (about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces snap peas, trimmed and diagonally sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 1 cup)
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 6 ounces hot-smoked salmon (not lox), torn into bite-sized pieces
1. Place black rice in a fine-mesh colander or sieve and rinse under cold water.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring rice and 2 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and let cool. Rice should be soft, yet chewy.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together marinade mix, water, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, agave and garlic.
4. In a large salad bowl, stir together cooled black rice, cucumber, snap peas, green onions and salt. Pour dressing over rice mixture and stir gently to combine. (Note If making salad ahead, reserve cucumber until serving time to avoid discoloration from the black rice.)
5. Top salad with crumbled smoked salmon and serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Fact Note Sodium level will vary based on the smoked salmon used.