This simple chicken vegetable ramen bowl, packed with spinach, peppers, ginger, mushrooms and more, will fill your belly with goodness and warm you right up.
- Total Time: 1 hours 30 mins
- Hands-on Time: 30 mins
- Makes: 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 to 5 mini sweet peppers plus more for garnish, sliced
- 3 to 4 green onions plus more for garnish, sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 6 ounces ramen noodles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil.
Sprinkle each chicken breast with a pinch or two of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Once hot, add the chicken breasts to the skillet. Brown chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
3. Transfer chicken to oven and bake for 20 minutes, until chicken reaches an interior temperature of 165 degrees.
4. Fill a small saucepan with water, then add eggs and cover the pan. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat. Keep lid on saucepan for 5 minutes.
5. Prepare a small bowl with water and ice. After 5 minutes (for a soft boiled egg with a slightly runny yolk), remove eggs from pan and place in the ice water. Once cool, take out of ice water and remove shells.
6. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, warm the remaining oil. Once hot, add onion and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
7. Add garlic powder, stirring frequently for 1 minute. Whisk in soy sauce, broth and miso. Add mushrooms and bring to a boil, then reduce to a lively simmer. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add spinach, peppers, green onions and carrot. Continue to simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Add salt, taking care to add a little at a time, tasting with each addition, as the saltiness of the miso, broth and soy sauce may vary.
9. Finally, add ramen noodles and turn off heat (the heat from the soup will soften the noodles).
10. Slice chicken breasts and eggs. Divide soup into bowls and serve with chicken and a halved egg.
If you can’t find plain ramen noodles, use a ramen soup package. Discard the spice packet and use the plain noodles to make this soup.
in this recipe
Recipe created by Simply Organic