- Makes: 4 servings
Breakfast tacos are a cinch with this Texan-developed recipe that’s easy to vegetarianize. Set up as a taco bar, allowing everyone to assemble their creations as per their tastes and tendencies. For more recipes featuring Southwestern inspirations with an Austin flare, visit Gouramanda.com.
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Fine Sea Salt 7 oz.
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Paprika 2.96 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cumin Seed Ground 2.31 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic All-Seasons Salt 4.73 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Chipotle Pepper 2.65 oz.
- 8 tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 dash of Worcestershire
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, sautéed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 cup favorite salsa (or a variety of salsas)
- 2 cups refried black beans (ingredients directly below)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (about 2 cups) low-sodium chicken broth
For the Breakfast Tacos
1. Prep the breakfast taco “bar” ingredients. For best results and easy clean-up, cook bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet in a 380 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk with salt, pepper, paprika and dash of Worcestershire.
3.Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat and cook the eggs, scrambling as you cook, about 3 minutes.
4. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
For the Refried Black Beans
1. Pour olive oil in a medium saucepan and heat to medium.
2. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add black beans, cumin, salt, and chipotle pepper and stir for about 2 minutes.
3. Add broth and simmer, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender (taking extra care to secure the lid with a dish towel) and puree until smooth.
4. Return to the saucepan and stir, about 2 more minutes. Pour into a bowl to self-serve.