Our Savory Steak Marinade Mix serves a dual purposes in this flavor-packed stir-fry recipe featuring notes of black peppercorn, garlic and sesame.
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 45 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
- 1 package Simply Organic Savory Steak Marinade Mix 0.70 oz.
- Simply Organic Sesame Seeds 3.70 oz.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound flank steak or boneless sirloin, trimmed and sliced into 2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or peanut oil (or other high-heat oil), divided
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 pound broccoli florets, fresh or frozen (if frozen, no need to thaw)
- 16 ounces homemade or store bought cauliflower rice, fresh or frozen
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together marinade mix, water, soy sauce, arrowroot powder, vinegar, toasted sesame oil, olive or avocado oil, garlic, and sesame seeds (if desired).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine beef and half of the marinade. Set remaining marinade aside. Stir to ensure beef is well coated.
3. Let beef marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes (or marinate in refrigerator overnight).
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of the high-heat oil in a large skillet (cast iron is preferable) or wok over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent.
5. Add broccoli, cover and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until bright green and tender (note if using frozen broccoli, cook for about 3 minutes, until broccoli is cooked through). Remove broccoli-onion mixture and set on a plate.
6. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil into the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add beef strips, carefully spreading them out into a single layer. Cook for 1 minute on the first side without stirring, then using tongs, flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until brown on both sides.
7. Reduce heat to medium, return broccoli-onion mixture to skillet and add remaining marinade. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until sauce is warmed through and thickened.
8. In a separate small saucepan, cook cauliflower rice according to package instructions.
9. Serve over cauliflower rice. Top with sesame seeds (optional). Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.
in this recipe
Recipe created by Simply Organic