A simple Asian-inspired marinade with black sesame seeds brings ahi tuna to life in this vibrant poke bowl loaded with fresh veggies and luscious pineapple.
- Total Time: 1 hours
- Hands-on Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Ginger Root Ground 1.64 oz.
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper 1.59 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Sesame Seeds 3.70 oz.
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Sesame Seed 3.28 oz
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups steamed rice (jasmine or brown rice) or quinoa
- 2 cups greens, chopped
- 2 avocados, halved, peeled and seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 4 green scallions, thinly sliced (optional)
- Additional sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- Lime slices (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger and crushed red pepper.
2. Add ahi tuna to mixture and toss well to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate for 10 to 30 minutes. Before serving, mix in sesame and black sesame seeds.
3. Into each of four serving bowls, add one cup rice, then one fourth of the greens, avocado, cucumber, carrot, pineapple and ahi tuna. If desired, garnish with scallions, additional sesame seeds, cilantro, sriracha and a squeeze of lime.