- Total Time: 1 hours 25 mins
- Hands-on Time: 1 hours 15 mins
- Makes: 6 servings
Tender chili-lime marinated chicken strips nestle in soft corn tortillas with fresh avocado sauce, for restaurant-worthy chicken tacos right at home.
- Simply Organic Black Pepper Medium Grind 2.31 oz.
- 1 package Simply Organic Chili Lime Marinade Mix 1.00 oz.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese or queso fresco
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
1. In a food processor or blender, add avocado, the 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and process until smooth. Add yogurt and process until combined. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Cover and set aside or refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade mix, the 1/4 cup oil, water, vinegar and garlic.3. Add chicken to marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Heat grill to medium high or set a large, heavy-duty grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat.5. Remove chicken from marinade and grill on one side for 5 to 7 minutes. Flip over and grill for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and firm to the touch (center should register 165 degrees on a meat thermometer).
6. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, then cut into long, thin strips.
7. Warm tortillas if desired, then place a few chicken strips in the center of each tortilla. Top with sliced radish, cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately with avocado crema and a generous squeeze of lime.
The cook time for your chicken breasts varies depending on their size and thickness. To be safe, use a meat thermometer or slice one of the cooked breasts in half to ensure it’s fully cooked. The chicken and avocado crema can be prepared in advance for a quick weeknight meal.
in this recipe