This simple 7-layer dip takes us to the Mediterranean with hummus, red bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black olives, artichokes, feta cheese, organic oregano and pita chips!
Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Oregano Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 20 ounces plain hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 3.8-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke heart halves, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 8-ounce block feta cheese
- 4 whole-wheat pitas, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt, to taste
1. Into bottom of medium-size baking dish or casserole-style dish, spoon hummus, then stir in oregano, onion powder and garlic powder. Spread spiced hummus over bottom of dish until fully covered.
2. Add each vegetable layer on top bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts. Sprinkle cheese over top, then a pinch of additional oregano, if desired.
3. To make the pita chips, preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss pita wedges with olive oil and salt. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy.
4. Serve immediately or store dip covered in refrigerator and chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, then serve.
For extra flavor, sprinkle pita chips with oregano and garlic powder before baking.